Friday 24 November 2017

Flowers from an unlikely source

I'm back today with a card I CASed from Jill at Paper Daisy Crafting in the UK, which uses the lovely DSP Year of Cheer as a base to create flowers.  Jill used SU new blends, but I don't have them yet, so unfortunately, I have had to resort to my long-time owned alcohol markers.  But I'm sharing anyway, as I think they make a beautiful card - or two.


This sentiment is from Window Shopping stamp set - I just love that font!


This sentiment is the single stamp Sylised Birthday - both stamps are still current.

To create the flowers, Jill used the pansy punch placed carefully over the DSP to include an interesting pattern for the centre, then coloured the flowers with the blends - darker in the centre then lighter.  You would only need one set for each of these, as you can create a lovely gradient of colour by colouring over a few times, then leaving the lightest colour as it is.

My thanks to Jill for sharing this super idea!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards. I like the colours you have used. I especially like the sentiment in the first card.

    ReplyDelete